The Landscape in Watercolor
Art class with Jim Minet
All levels welcome
Adults and Teens 16+
Location: The Manes Art & Education Center
Tuesdays, 10am – 12:30pm
Fall Session 1 – (6 weeks) – September 13, 20, October 4, 11, 18, 25 (no class on 9/27)
Fall Session 2 – (6 weeks) – November 1, 15, 22, 29, December 6, 13 (no class on 11/8)
Winter Session 1 – (6 weeks) – January 10, 17, 24, 31, February 7, 14)
Winter Session 2 – (6 weeks) –February 28, March 7, 14, 21, 28, April 1, 4
$243 members | $270 non-members (Member discount applied at checkout)
Geared toward all levels, beginner, intermediate, or advanced painters, this watercolor painting class will provide a friendly and encouraging environment filled with demonstration of technique and hands-on painting. Whether you have some experience with watercolor, or a lot, this class with help you develop further and achieve fresh and vibrant paintings.
What you will learn:
- How to achieve one of the most important components, a great wash
- Controlling moisture on your paper and brush
- Why the right paper matters and understanding how different surfaces effect the results
- Understanding the importance of tonal value
- Wet on wet and wet on dry techniques
- Color mixing with emphasis on achieving realistic greens and grays found in nature, along with creating rich darks
- How to create a strong composition
- Blocking out surface areas to achieve whites, when to use masking fluid and how to layer white gouache over watercolor
- Preventing a painting from appearing “overworked”
Pre-registration is required for this class.
Participants must have materials for the first day of class.