Virtual class with Jim Minet
All levels welcome
Adults and Teens 16+
Fridays, 10 am-12 pm
(6 weeks) September 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
$170 members – $200 non-members
This two hour per session, six week, ‘boot camp’ for watercolor will strengthen your skills from A to Z in watercolor. Beginner or intermediate, this class will take you through all the essentials skills through a series of exercises that will improve your watercolor ability culminating in a final two hour session where we will complete a painting together. If you really want a good start in watercolor or if you currently paint in watercolor but want to improve your skills, this class will help get you there. A materials list is provided.
A series of powerful class exercises will focus on:
- The drawing / design and initial lay in of the drawing
- Tonal value – one of the most critical components in any painting
- Color — understanding basic color mixing, warm vs. cool color, and how to avoid common color mixing mistakes
- The ‘watercolor wash’ and working light to dark
- Wet on wet — wet on dry, and glazing
- A final landscape painting from photo reference to pull all these elements together
Pre-registration is required for this Zoom facilitated class.
Participants must have materials for the first day of class.
Donate to support education programs at the Museum