February Break for Art
Three Days of Artmaking for Families
Most suitable for children aged 2-12 and their adult companions, but teens may attend as well!
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, February 20, 21, 22
2 timed sessions per day:
- Session 1: 11 am-12:30 pm
- Session 2: 1-2:30 pm
Location: The Manes Art Education Center
- $10 | children and member adults*
- $20 | non-member adults
Prices include Museum admission and art supplies. *Member pricing applies to Dual / Family, Senior Couple Memberships and above. Click here to become a member.
Three days of family art making inspired by the art on view in the Museum’s exhibition Our Gilded Age and Lunar New Year. A different project will be offered each day encouraging creative exploration by children and their adult companions. Create with us for 1, 2, or all 3 days!
- Tuesday, February 20 – Gilded Age Glass: Learn about the art of stained glass and create your own faux glass masterpiece, inspired by several examples of Tiffany lamps in the museum’s exhibition, Our Gilded Age.
- Wednesday, February 21 – Year of the Dragon: Create your own 3D dragon artwork inspired by Lunar New Year. Enjoy additional Lunar New Year activities at the Museum.
- Thursday, February 22 – Gilded Age Garments: Make a fashion statement by constructing your very own miniature outfit inspired by apparel and accessories on display in the museum’s exhibition, Our Gilded Age.
While here, see our current exhibit, walk our nature trails and Sculpture Garden, and visit the Millstone Reference Library in the Manes Center.
Exhibition hours: 11 am- 4:45 pm
Nature Trails and Sculpture Garden hours: 9 am- Dusk
Millstone Reference Library in the Manes Center: Open during artmaking sessions
Children must be accompanied by an adult caregiver 18 years or older. Pre-registration is required for this event.
For inquiries about this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org