February Break for Art
Three Days of Artmaking for Families
Most suitable for children aged 2-12 and their adult companions, but teens may attend as well!
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, February 21, 22, 23
2 timed sessions per day:
- Session 1: 11 am-12:30 pm
- Session 2: 1-2:30 pm
Location: The Manes Art Education Center
- $10 | children and member adults*
- $20 | non-member adults
Prices include Museum admission and art supplies. *Member pricing applies to Dual / Family, Senior Couple Memberships and above. Click here to become a member.
Three days of family art making inspired by the art on view in the Museum’s exhibition The Big Picture: Photography’s Moment and Lunar New Year. A different project will be offered each day encouraging creative exploration by children and their adult companions. Create with us for 1, 2, or all 3 days!
- Tuesday, February 21 – Sculpting in Light and Color: Create your own colorful 3D art using recycled photo slides.
- Wednesday, February 22 – Year of the Rabbit: Create your own pop-up rabbit puppet inspired by Lunar New Year. Enjoy additional Lunar New Year activities at the Museum.
- Thursday, February 23 – Architect for the Day: Create your own 3D cityscapes inspired by photographs of urban environments.
While here, see our current exhibit, walk our nature trails and Sculpture Garden, and visit the Millstone Reference Library in the Manes Center.
Exhibition hours: 11 am- 4:45 pm
Nature Trails and Sculpture Garden hours: 9 am- Dusk
Millstone Reference Library in the Manes Center: Open during artmaking sessions
Children must be accompanied by an adult caregiver 18 years or older. Pre-registration is required for this event.
For inquiries about this program, please email email@example.com