Hours & Admission
Location & Parking
Groups & Tours
Although the buildings are temporarily closed, our sculpture garden is open for you to enjoy safely while practicing social distancing guidelines.
Arboretum & Sculpture Park – OPEN TO PUBLIC
Daily 9 am to dusk
RESTROOMS ARE NOT OPEN AT THIS TIME
The Mansion and The Manes Center – CURRENTLY CLOSED
Tuesday – Sunday 11 am – 4:45 pm
Tuesday – Sunday 2 pm
Saturday 1 pm
Sunday 1 pm
Family Art Activities
Saturday 12 – 3 pm
Sunday 1:30 – 4 pm
Tuesday – Sunday
11 am – 4:30 pm
Admission to the grounds and parking is free
Seniors: $10 (62+)
Students with ID: $5
Children under 12: $5
Children under 4: Free
Museum Members: Free
The Manes Center: Free to all visitors
The Museum’ buildings are closed on the following holidays
New Year’s Day
Galleries in each building will be closed for exhibition change on the following dates
The Mansion The Manes
November 2 – 13, 2020 September 8 – 11, 2020
March 8 – 19, 2021 January 4 – 8, 2021
July 7 – 23, 2021 May 3 – 7, 2021
• Admiring is encouraged, touching is not. Artworks, including outdoor sculpture, may not be handled or climbed for any reason!
• All large bags, packages, water bottles, coats and umbrellas must be left in the complimentary coat room upon entering Museum buildings.
• Photography is permitted but no flash, please. No selfie-sticks inside the Museum buildings
• In consideration of other visitors, we ask that you refrain from using cell phones in galleries.
• There is no lecturing in the galleries except by staff, educators or docents.
• While pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are allowed, no pens, ink, paints, markers or easels are permitted.
• Sitting on the floor while sketching or taking notes is also not permitted.
Lightweight art stools are available for your use while visiting the Mansion galleries.
• Please remember that this is a Nature Preserve; do not engage in any behavior that may harm or damage the wildlife or vegetation that resides
here. Please remove any litter you or your group may create.
• Pets are not permitted on the Preserve or in Museum buildings. Service animals are, of course, welcome.
• Sporting activities are not permitted. Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates should only be used on roadways, not on walking paths or trails.
• No alcohol or loud music is permitted.
• There is no smoking permitted in any NCMA building or within 50 feet of any entrance or exit to any NCMA buildings.
An art museum is a place for reflection; please engage in quiet discussion as other groups and individuals concentrate on the exhibitions
We want your visit to be enjoyable and rewarding. With your cooperation we can continue the tradition of welcoming all visitors who love the museum as much as we do!
Location & Parking
Nassau County Museum of Art is located on Museum Drive in Roslyn Harbor, off Northern Boulevard (Route 25A) 1/2 mile west of Glen Cove Road.
Nassau County Museum of Art
One Museum Drive, Roslyn Harbor, NY 11576
Complimentary parking is available on site and a short walk from the Mansion. Limited handicap-permit parking and a ramp are available just past the entrance to the Mansion, and parking is available at The Manes Center.
Click on the map for turn by turn directions.
Tuesday – Sunday, 11:00 am – 4:30 pm
The Museum Store, located on the second floor of the Mansion, is a premier shopping destination featuring a uniquely curated selection of artful gifts, objets d’art and design concepts inspired by the Museum’s exhibits and permanent collection. We offer an extraordinary variety of jewelry, fashion accessories, home décor, books, stationery, arts and crafts and creative toys and games.
Each and every purchase supports and preserves the Museum’s historic property, nature preserve, permanent art collections and the presentation of exhibitions, school and public programs.
Family programs provide children and their adult companions the opportunity to connect while viewing and making art together. Each week we offer projects that encourage curiosity, experimentation and creative thinking through a variety of experiences and materials inspired by current artworks on view in the gallery space.
Groups & Tours
Nassau County Museum of Art’s tours are based on authentic experiences with art and founded on the belief that all visitors can look at, talk about, and enjoy works of art, given an open and inviting environment to observe, question and reflect. We strive to create experiences that are inquiry based, interactive and multidisciplinary by examining closely, thinking critically, and communicating collectively.
Accessibility Services and Accommodations: The Nassau County Museum of Art is accessible to all visitors and is equipped with both ramps and an elevator. Manual wheelchairs are available in the lobby The Mansion free of charge and on a first-come, first-served basis. Motorized wheelchairs are permitted in both The Mansion and The Manes Center. A single-user handicapped restroom is located on the ground floor of The Mansion, along with The Manes Center. Sensory Tool Kits designed to provide a multi-sensory museum experience for people with ASD and their families & caregivers, are also available at the admission desk.